Tuesday, October 20, 2009

at the end of the day...

tonight... after i put liam down for the night, i came downstairs and looked around... and thought "there is NO doubt that a toddler lives here, there is no doubt i am tired, there is no doubt that i have some SERIOUS cleaning to do.. and most importantly ... there is absolutely NO doubt that we are blessed."

none of these photos were staged and are all SOOC (straight out of the camera.. no editing - who has time for that???) ... these are simply shots at the end of the day - the end of my typical day these days. the house is in disarray, dishes in the sink, magazines from MAY 2009 unread, the best intentions never played out, lots of work un done while a tiny boy is tucked away safely in his crib... a happy - yet chaotic life... god, i am a mess... how is this for transparency?!?!

this is my kitchen...notice CANNED green beans... oh, and an empty wine bottle. we are blessed to have food on our table, and wine to keep us sane


this is my family room... we are blessed to have toys to play with, books to read and a home to live in


this is the stack of magazines in my office - i am blessed to have many interests - and great subscriptions... now that "Gourmet" has stopped printing i have decided i will read every one still in the plastic from cover to cover and keep them all - r.i.p. gourmet)


this is my kitchen table... what a trainwreck! ... i am blessed for everything on this table - which as i study the photo amazes me HOW things like this end up here... the monitor - a random sneaker? my evening glass of wine, a tupperware lid?, random Michaels ad, goldfish, dog leashes, jewelry from the weekend... *sigh*


this is my kitchen island.. i have the best intentions to make healthy family meals from scratch - i am blessed with good intentions.


yes, i am trying to get the dishes done... i have some help from Ace.. did i feed the dogs tonight??? i hope so. i am blessed to have sweet helping paws around


well this is a little backwards.. but, here is how the day started... and when your day starts like this... you have to just feel blessed.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

love this post! It's so honest and true, As lucas grows his toys seem to get harder and harder to keep picked up. it started so simple but there everywhere now. And yes I agree very blessed to have what we have. and hey canned green beans are better than go green beans!

becoming-mom said...

I love everything about this post too. And there are too many things that we BOTH have in our houses to even write - but our similarities don't even surprise me anymore my west coast twin! Blessed indeed.

Anonymous said...

This is truly the good life, chaotic as it might be! Brings back memories of when you guys were little and I had to choose my priorities....cleaning usually lost out!

Heather said...

And Liam is truly blessed to have a mom who is such an eloquent writer.

Mommy Moreno said...

What a sweet post!! 'Tis the life of a mom - but Youre right; we are very blessed to be living this life!!

Keri said...

I love this post! And coincidentally, my house looks exactly like that at the end of every day. Like a tornado hit:-)! But, honestly, your house looks homey and lived in and that is a blessing!

Anonymous said...

About an hour ago, after my little man went down for the night (hopefully!), I decided to let my house remain a total mess (much worse than yours!) and spend some alone time poking around on the computer. I'm glad I did -- and found your post; it made me smile and feel better about my messy, tired life -- something I really needed. Thanks.