Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy First Birthday Liam

Happy First Birthday Lima Bean... I can not believe a whole year has gone by since the day you were "hatched"!You went to the Santa Barbara Zoo today to celebrate. Daddy and I took the whole day off of work just so we could spend every little minute with you - our birthday boy. You had sooo much fun looking at all the animals and riding the zoo train. The day went by so quickly - I guess because we were having such a good time. We can't wait to take you back when you are a little bit older.

Speaking of going by quickly... where did the year go? Where did my baby go? and who would have thought I could love this toddler so much - who is now in his place? Pretty much all I knew when we brought you home from the hospital was that I was coming home with a baby (a really adorable baby that I fell in love with when I first laid eyes on him)... what i didn't know is that wasn't even the HALF of what I would be in for in the year to come. We have made it through sleepless nights, fevers, ear infections, teething, diaper rashes, major blowouts, breast feeding, solid feeding, playdates, moms group, daycare and oh my goodness - so much more. I have learned MORE in this year than i ever learned in school... you are the ultimate "on the job" training. I have been challenged more than I ever thought I could be... but I also have been rewarded beyond compare. One smile, one giggle, one kiss.... is all it takes to forget about any sleepless nights that i ever endured.

More later - mommy is tired... its been a long day... a long day that went by too quickly...

xoxo

Happy birthday sweet love.

mama.

also - more zoo photos to come.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

what a great picture! and isn't it amazing how quickly it goes by. It seems like just yesterday Lucas was just laying around eating and sleeping, crying, and pooping, lol. but now he is up and running all over the place. Liam is one cool dude! and he is growing up so fast! i can't wait to get to see him again. were sorry we couldn't make it for his birthday. We miss you guys!

Suzanne@the best kind to have said...

I love this. It's amazing the changes in a year. I'm glad you had a great day.